Thursday, October 15, 2015: Committee Meeting
- Who: Committee Members, Scoutmasters, and Parents Welcome
- What: Committee Meeting
- Where: Acree Hall
- When: 7 PM
Friday, October 16-18, 2015: Red River Gorge
- Who: All Scouts who have signed up for the RRG Event
- What: Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, and Rappelling
- Where: Meet at Acree Hall
- Depart at 4:30 PM
- Return to Acree Hall at 2 PM
- Uniform: Class A for Traveling
Sunday, October 18, 2015: Troop Meeting
- No Troop Meeting
Special “Thanks” to Scouts and Adults who volunteered their time, bought supplies, cooked, served, and organized the fundraiser.
RED HOT!! Red River Gorge Camping, Hiking and Rappelling Trip October 16-18, 2015
- Note: We are opening this high adventure trip to scouts 12 years old and up. We have 3-5 open spots.
- Just for Fun Event, enjoy the Fall colors, and relaxing time
- Backpacking and camping
- Rappelling Event conducted by Climb on Safely Instructors/Rappel Masters
- For scouts 12 years and up
- Bring your own food (Backpacker Style)
- Bring own cooking stove (Or Share with someone), utensils, and cooking pot
- Cost: $15 ($10 to instructors and $5 for gas).
- If you like taking pictures of Fall Colors this is the time to do it
- Adults are Welcome to enjoy a relaxing time outdoors
Go HERE to see who is camping on this event!
“Teaching Advanced Crucial Outdoor Skills”
TACOS.6 is a great opportunity for older and younger scouts. Older scouts can enjoy managing small programs, mentoring and teaching younger boys, all the way to high adventure activity. Younger boy scouts can work on advancement skills and teach WEBELOS boy scout skills as well.
- One night at Camp Michaels, each scout is responsible for their own food. The troop will serve Chili/Spaghetti for lunch.
- No Cost for this Camping Trip to beautiful and rustic Camp Michaels.
Fall/Winter Troop Apparel – Sweatshirts, Polo’s, Red Caps and Beanies.
Order now for fall, winter and Christmas! These make great gifts for the special Scout on your list.
Order will be placed the week of October 12th.
- Sweatshirts w/ Troop logo embroidered-$22
- Polo Shirts w/ Troop logo embroidered -$21
- Name on shirt, embroidered -$3
- Baseball Caps w/Troop logo embroidered-$12
- Beanie Caps w/Troop logo embroidered-$10
- Dri fit T-shirts now in stock – $12.
To place an order, click HERE. When you place your order, please list size, quantity, and name(s) that will go on the sweatshirt/Polo. If no name, please list- No Name.
Any questions, please contact Melinda Hamm at email@example.com
Recharter 2017: Did you know Recharter is approaching soon? Recharter is when Boy Scouts and Adult Scouters reestablish membership for the next year. Deadline for recharter is December 7th. Why wait? The troop committee has made it super simple this year and you can complete in 2 easy steps. Go here to start the process.
Popcorn Sales at Bingo-IHM
Opportunities to Sell Popcorn at IHM Bingo
- 1) Only two scouts per night
- 2) A parent must stay with them
- 3) Only work in gathering space and not be overly aggressive
Jennifer Drees will manage the volunteer sign-up sheet. Scouts will need to bring their own product to the sale. And then work with the person they are selling with to divide the sales each night. Dates being offered are Sept. 25th, Oct. 2nd, Oct. 9th and Oct. 16th. Hours are from 5:00pm – 8:00pm )or any window in that time frame.
Go HERE to sign up…
Did you know that Troop 727 will be going to the Grand Canyon for Summer Camp Next Year? This is another once in a lifetime Scouting trip. The summer camp committee is working out the details and will keep you updated.
How can a scout raise money? Beat the street and sell Popcorn using the order form you received in the mail. Setup a store front at Kroger or other grocery stores. Scout’s profit 30% of all sales, and the troop retains none. Example: if you gross $1000.00 in sales, you get back $300.00 in your pocket.
Go HERE to sign up…for Kroger sales.
The troop is selling the Coleman Hooligan 4 Man Tents.
There are 2 prices: $35 and $55. All tents purchased in 2013 are $55. Come choose your tents. They are in great shape and have a lot of life in them.