Troop Activity Happening This Week
Wednesday-March 25, 2015, May Skill Challenge Camp Planning
- Who: Scoutmasters and PLC members
- What: May Skill Challenge Camp Planning
- Where: Acree Hall, IHM Complex
- When: 6:30-8:00 PM
- Uniform: None required
Friday-March 27, 2015, IHM Fish Fry Service Hours
- Who: Scouts and Adults Needed
- What: Assist with Fish Fry (Drive Thru or Bussing Tables)
- Where: IHM Complex
- When: 4:00-8:00 PM
- Register Here
Saturday-March 28, 2015 Kart RacingXhilaracing
- Who: Scouts and Parents
- What: Indoor Kart Racing at Xhilaracing
- Where: 24 Spiral Dr, Florence, KY 41042 (Behind Sam’s Club)
- When: 1-3 PM
- Uniform: Class B (Red T-Shirt)
- 1 Scout race is $13.50 per race and 1 Adult race is $18 per race
- Height Requirement: 48 ” (this has changed from 56″)
- Moms: A challenge went out to you to put Danika Patrick in her place.
- Dads: Show Richard Petty he has nothing on you.
Sunday-March 29, 2015 Troop Meeting/Birthday Party
- Who: Scouts, Adult Leaders, Eagle Scouts past and present, Parents
- What: Troop Meeting and Birthday Party
- Where: IHM, Acree Hall
- PLC Meeting: 3:30-4:00 PM
- All Scouts: 4:00-6:00 PM
- Uniform: Class A
Troop Birthday Party: Sunday, March 29, 2015. The troop will be 16 years old on April 1. We are celebrating the 16 years of success on 3/29. This is going to be a real birthday party with cake, ice cream, punch, and games. We also have a DJ coming to officiate the event. Along with all troop members, we’re asking all the former Eagle Scouts and adult leaders to come to the troop meeting from 4-6 PM and help us celebrate. Help us spread the word!!
Service Hours: Grace Episcopal Church, 7111 Price Pike, Florence, KY 41042 is looking for assistance on March 28th from 9:30 AM-12:45 PM. Duties include setting up tables and assisting with loading food that is donated. This project helps the homeless and people who are less fortunate. This is not a troop event but, you could make it a personal challenge to help. This is a perfect project for NHS and other community service requirements.
Pancake Fundraiser: Thanks to all scouts, adults for volunteering at the Pancake Fundraiser. It turned out to be the best ever. Once we get the final counts from the treasurer we will announce how we did.
Yearbooks: If you signed up for a yearbook the troop purchased one for you. They will be at the next troop event or meeting for pickup. They are $20…
Survey Fundraiser: April 14th for Adults 18-65+
The troop has an opportunity to raise over $1000 for equipment by conducting an in-person survey. The survey is for adults only and requires you to show up in person. The survey will be at Acree Hall from 3:30-7:00 PM and it is administered by Various Views Marketing Research and the results will help PG&E. We are asking each scout to recruit 5 adults for the survey. This will greatly help out the troop with purchasing equipment that we really need. The survey takes 15-30 minutes. We’re not asking for money but, something that you can give for free, your time. Pass the below link to others in your family and let’s get as many people signed up as possible to help. These fundraisers also help us keep our dues in perspective.
CLICK HERE to reserve your survey time:
Summer Camp 2015
Important: At this point you should have paid 50% of summer camp tuition. Register Here.
Summer Camp 2015 will be at Ransburg, Indiana this year. The dates are July 26-August 1, 2015, Cost is $285. Below is the payment plan if you would like to break up the payment.
- February 8th Payment: $71.25
- March 8th Payment: $71.25 (Must have 50% of payment)
- April 12th Payment: $71.25
- April 26th Payment: $71.25
- Final payment deadline for troop is May 1st(Finalizing payments after this date there is a $25 late registration fee due Ransburg)
- Ransburg Summer Camp.
Scout Strong Fitness Program: Some of you may be completed. Print off your certificate or completion email and give to your scoutmaster. This is an ongoing program, scouts and adults are encouraged to exercise daily, log your fitness activity for 5 of 7 days and 6 of 8 weeks. Once you complete the program you receive the presidential fitness award and can wear on your uniform permanently. Bring the online certificate to your scoutmaster and you will be presented with the award patch. There is a link on our web page.
Troop Apparel: Troop Sweatshirts, Polo’s and Red Caps/Beanies.
- Polo Shirts-$21
- Name on shirt-$3
- Baseball Caps w/Troop Logo Embroidered-$12
- Beanie Caps w/Troop Logo Embroidered-$10
To place an order, click HERE. When you place your order, please list size, quantity, and name(s) that will go on the sweatshirt/Polo. If no name, please list- No Name