Thursday, January 16th – Committee Meeting
- vWhen: 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Location: Sheriff’s Office
- Who: Troop Committee Members. All Scoutmasters and parents are welcome.
- Event Lead: Mr. Ihrig
- Notes: You may have to contact us to let us know you are coming in order to ensure we can meet you at the door as it will be locked at that time.
Sunday, January 19th– Troop Meeting
- PLC: 3:30 PM -4:00 PM – Regular PLC meeting
- All Scouts: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Britt Hall
- Who: All Scouts and Adult Leaders
- Uniform: Field Uniform (Class A)
- Service Patrol: Survivalists
- Regular PLC Meeting before the meeting
The next troop meeting is scheduled for January 19th, the location will be Britt Hall at IHM. The next advancement meeting will be on Jan 23rd at Acree Hall.
- Jan 19th is the deadline to sign up for the Recon Campout in February
- March 8th is the deadline to sign up for the Cooking campout in March
Merit Badge Challenge Registration Closing Soon
If you have an interest in signing up for Merit Badge Challenge, the registration is closing soon! http://danbeard.org/mbc
Please remember that the Merit Badge Challenge is put on at the district level, and is not a troop run event. Scouts should get their blue cards from Mr. Wood prior to the event.
Scout Sunday, February 4th
A scout is reverent. All members of the troop are encouraged to attend their place of worship on Sunday, Feb 4th, in full Class A uniform. All members of the Troop, and their families, are also invited to come to the afternoon Mass at IHM, regardless of their faith. We request that all scouts arrive by 12:10 PM. Scouts will be greeting church members as they arrive and will attend Mass. After the service, there will be photos of the troop. Please wear full Class A uniform, including Merit Badge sashes, medals and neckerchiefs if you have them.
Recon Campout – February 7th-9th
The deadline to sign up is before, or at the meeting on Jan 19th. We won’t have another meeting prior to the campout. The cost is $10 per scout. Register Online or sign up by the next meeting. Drop off for the campout will be at IHM at 5:30 PM, and pick up will be at 10:15 AM on Sunday. The campout itself will be at Cub World.
Fish Fry Service
Each year the Troop helps out at the IHM Fish Fry, mostly busing tables and keeping the trays washed. This is an excellent service opportunity for Scouts, and it helps our charter organization. The work is pretty light but just takes some time. This opportunity will be most Fridays between February 28th to April 3rd. This year we will be splitting some of the Fridays with the American Heritage Girls for the weekends that we also have a campout so that scouts aren’t having to choose between the campouts and service. More information and a sign up will be posted at the start of Feb.
Summer Camp Reminder
During Annual Planning the scouts selected to go to Ransburg for summer camp. There will be more information coming soon on Ransburg, but some important tidbits now are:
- We are going the week of June 28th – July 4th
- The cost will be $400. This includes $325 for the camp, and $75 for transportation, shirts, and other supplies. Camperships are available if necessary
- A $75 deposit will be due on Feb 9th
- To get the price above we need to have the full amount in by April 12th. After the first deadline, the camp adds $20 until May 15th, then any sign-ups after May 15th cost an additional $50 over the original cost.
More information will be sent out soon.