Thursday, June 18th – Committee Meeting
- When: 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Location: Via Conference Call
- Who: Troop Committee Members. All Scoutmasters and parents are welcome.
- Event Lead: Mr. Ihrig
- If you wish to attend the meeting and are not on the Committee please email Mr. Wood at email@example.com at least two hours prior to the meeting so he can get you the conference information.
All in-person troop meetings and activities are currently on hold. The next Troop Meeting will be held online on Sunday, July 19th. We will have scheduled online Advancement meetings most Thursdays for the next several weeks.
- August 9th is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Summer Court of Honor
- November 22nd is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Winter Court of Honor
You can contact Mr. Wood or Mr. Goetz to get an address to mail payments to.
Online Advancement Meetings Continue
The online Advancement meetings continue starting on June 25th. There will not be an online advancement meeting this week due to the committee meeting. These online meetings are a chance for a scout to sign up for a 30-minute slot to work on Rank Advancement with a Scoutmaster. You can sign up for a slot on our Sign-Up Genius form.
Online Merit Badge Programs
With many summer camps around the nation closed due to COVID 19 the number of online opportunities for Merit Badges have skyrocketed. At normal summer camps you might have the ability to get 3-5 badges; however, with a summer of virtual merit badge offerings out there you could get way more if you want to. Check out the following opportunities, and you can probably find some more with some googling.
- Piedmont Council – Virtual Summer Camp – https://www.piedmontcouncilbsa.org/virtualcbs in July
- Dan Beard Council – Merit Badge Challenge – http://www.danbeard.org/scouts-bsa-virtual-plan/ for next week
- Dan Beard Council – In person day camp program at Camp Friedlander – http://www.danbeard.org/attend-camp-friedlander-summer-camp/ in July
With a big break between now and the next Troop meeting in July we highly encourage the Patrols to organize their own Patrol meetings. These can be done remotely for now using online tools. If you’d like a Zoom meeting created for your patrol just contact Mr. Wood for one. Make sure that at least two adults who have BSA Youth Protection Training and Virtus training can be on the call. If you have any trouble finding trained adults, contact Mr. Wood for some help.