Thursday, June 4th – Online Advancement Meeting
- When: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Two 30 minute slots
- Location: Via Zoom Meeting
- Who: Scouts who have signed up
- Event Lead: A Scoutmaster
- We have two slots from 7:00 to 7:30, and from 7:30 to 8:00. Each slot can hold ONE scout
- For Rank advancement
- A few hours prior to the meeting you will receive an email with a Zoom meeting link
- Sign up for a future advancement slot!
Friday, June 5th – Saturday, June 6th – Virtual Campout!
We weren’t able to make our White Water rafting trip, but the youth leaders are planning a virtual campout for this weekend instead! The event will take place in each scout’s home. There will be several activities during Friday evening and Saturday morning where scouts will join an online Zoom meeting to participate. The PLC is still working out some final details, but some of the activities will include opportunities for advancement, tent tours, and games. What your email for more information coming this week with times and additional information.
To be counted as an attendee scouts will need to attend the online activities either by phone or by computer. The Zoom meeting information will be sent out later this week.
Advancement and Virtual Campouts: The Virtual campout counts towards Order of the Arrow camp nights, troop activities for rank advancement, as well as counts toward several requirements if you do a little extra (the nights do NOT count towards Camping MB):
- Attending the tent tour activity will count towards an overnight activity for Tenderfoot 1b if you help pitch the tent you sleep in. You’ll need to be part of the virtual tent tour activity
- Attending the virtual campout will count towards troop activities for Second Class 1a and First Class 1a
- If you need the cooking rank requirements please look for instructions coming this week on what you’ll need to do. This would count for Tenderfoot 2a and 2b OR First Class 2e (the same event can’t be counted for both ranks)
- This Virtual Campout can be counted toward Order of the Arrow camping nights, though it does need to be outside as backyard or solo camping
All in-person troop meetings and activities are currently on hold. The next Troop Meeting will be held online on Sunday, June 14th. We will have scheduled online Advancement meetings most Thursdays for the next several weeks.
- June 7th is the last day to turn in any blue cards prior to the Court of Honor on June 13th
- August 9th is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Summer Court of Honor
- November 22nd is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Winter Court of Honor
You can contact Mr. Wood or Mr. Goetz to get an address to mail payments to.
Save the Date: Drive-In Court of Honor – June 13th
The Troop will be holding a Drive-In Court of Honor on Saturday, June 13th at the IHM parking lot. It’s just like the drive-in movies except shorter and, sadly, no big screen. More information will be coming soon about the times and event, but please pencil it in on your calendar.
Please have all your blue cards for completed merit badges turned in by June 7th. If you can’t complete them, no worries, keep working on them and turn them before summer Court of Honor and we’ll get them to you then!
Camp Cards Due End of June
The Council has announced that the due date for the final sales of Camp Cards is June 30. We may need the orders earlier than that so that we have time to organize the orders prior to turning them into the council. The council has also announced that there will be no restocking fee for returned cards this year.