Thursday, November 12th – Online Advancement Meeting
- When: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Two 30 minute slots
- Location: Via Zoom Meeting
- Who: Scouts who have signed up
- Event Lead: A Scoutmaster
- We have two slots from 7:00 to 7:30, and from 7:30 to 8:00. Each slot can hold ONE scout
- For Rank advancement
- A few hours prior to the meeting you will receive an email with a Zoom meeting link
- Sign up for a future advancement slot!
- Sign up quickly because these slots will be closed out if no one signs up by late afternoon on the 12th
This Weekend, November 13th-14th – Virtual Campout!
Unfortunately, due to the increase of COVID cases in Boone County we will not be having an in-person campout; however, we will be holding another virtual campout instead!
Friday night: 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM till 12:15 PM
To be counted as an attendee scouts will need to attend the online activities either by phone or by computer on both Friday night and Saturday morning. The Zoom meeting information will be sent out later this week.
Advancement and Virtual Campouts: The Virtual campout counts towards Order of the Arrow camp nights, troop activities for rank advancement, as well as counts toward several requirements if you do a little extra (the nights do NOT count towards Camping MB):
- Attending the tent tour activity will count towards an overnight activity for Tenderfoot 1b if you help pitch the tent you sleep in. You’ll need to be part of the virtual tent tour activity
- Attending the virtual campout will count towards troop activities for Second Class 1a and First Class 1a
- If you need the cooking rank requirements please look for instructions sent earlier this week on what you’ll need to do. This would count for Tenderfoot 2a and 2b OR First Class 2e (the same event can’t be counted for both ranks)
- This Virtual Campout can be counted toward Order of the Arrow camping nights, though it does need to be outside as backyard or solo camping
- If you sleep out in a test both nights you’ll get credit for two nights of camping
Saturday, November 15th – Rank Advancement Slots
After the campout one of our Scoutmasters is going to be available to do Rank Advancement meetings from 1:00 PM till 2:00 PM in 20-minute slots. If we fill up the slots we can add more. You can sign up for these slots starting now!
November 22nd is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Winter Court of Honor
You can contact Mr. Wood or Mr. Goetz to get an address to mail payments to.
Flag Retrieval for Veteran’s Day – Tuesday, Nov 17th
We will be retrieving the flags from the cemetery on Tuesday, Nov 17th. The time is at 4:30 PM sharp! Please come as a family again, just like during posting. Retrieval often is faster than posting, so make sure to show up a couple of minutes early if you can.
PLC Meeting on Nov 18th
Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday the PLC have decided to have their monthly meeting on Wednesday, November 18th. It will be at 6 PM and be held over Zoom. The meeting invite will go out to the PLC via the SPL.
It’s Recharter time, so please take a moment to complete the Recharter form and let us know if your scout is coming back in 2021 or not. Payments are due by Dec 1st unless you make other arrangements. Even if you complete the Recharter form your scout will not be added to the roster unless the dues are also taken care of.
This has been a hard year for all of us. Please do not allow financial hardships to cause your scout to miss out on the Scouting program. If the dues are an issue, please reach out to Mr. Wood or the Treasurer and we will ensure we make arrangements.
Hold the Date: Saturday, December 5th
We have several things coming up on December 5th. The first is that we will be helping with a “Cookies with Santa” event at IHM. This will be a drive thru event where the scouts can help distribute the cookies and our families can help by supplying some cookies for it. More information to come!
The second event is that we plan on having a Court of Honor at the Sheriff’s office that evening. This is a tentative plan currently and will be dependent upon the current community numbers for COVID. We will have more information about this after the Committee meeting next week.
Online Merit Badge Opportunities in December
The Piedmont council is running two online Merit Badge opportunities in December. The first is the week of the 7-10th, and the second is 14th-17th. You can find out more by visiting their website.