Thursday, September 24th– Online Advancement Meeting
- When: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Two Slots
- Location: Via Zoom Meeting
- Who: Any scout wishing to work on rank advancement. Sign up early as slots go quickly!
- Event Lead: A Scoutmaster
- We have two slots from 7:00 to 7:30, and from 7:30 to 8:00. Each slot is reserved for one scout
- For Rank advancement
- A few hours prior to the meeting you will receive an email with a Zoom meeting link
- Sign up for a future advancement slot!
Sunday, September 27th- Online Troop Meeting
- All Scouts: 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM
- Location: Zoom Meeting (Details will be sent prior to the meeting via email)
- Who: All Scouts and Adult Leaders
- This will be an Online Troop Meeting
- Please wear your uniform – Summer is over and we are back to Class A
The next Troop Meeting will be held online on Sunday, September 27th. The next online advancement meeting slots are scheduled for September 24th. You can sign up for a slot on our Sign-Up Genius form.
- November 22nd is the last day to turn in Patrol Award sheets prior to the Winter Court of Honor
You can contact Mr. Wood or Mr. Goetz to get an address to mail payments to if you owe any money.
In-Person Events Coming Soon!
We just learned that IHM, our charter organization, has cleared us to do in-person events as long as we follow current COVID state and local guidelines. This now includes the ability to meet at the facilities at IHM. The meeting this Sunday is still online, but we will be working out what this means and hopefully will be having Troop Meetings again here soon in Britt Hall!
Madden Memorial Golf Service Opportunity – October 3rd
We need at least 9 scouts families to come to volunteer to hold golf flags at the Madden Memorial Golf service on October 3rd from 7 AM to 2 PM (might end earlier). This would be a scout and one of their parents or adult siblings. We are asking for families to help so that we reduce the exposure that the scouts and leaders have to people outside of their family group. The organization running the event are implementing several COVID related policies, including having everyone wear masks when indoors, or at the clubhouse. The volunteers will be out at the holes and will have ample space to keep social distancing from the participants.
Please, make room for this service in your schedule and sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4fa9a92aa5ff2-2020. This will count for service hours for rank advancement!
2021 Annual Planning
Our Annual Planning event at the PLC Retreat that was scheduled for October 9th-11th will be rescheduled, but we do plan on having it still. Please start providing ideas for what you’d like to do next year to your Patrol Leaders so that we have a lot of ideas to work on during planning. In addition to the normal trips and adventures, please be thinking about activities that will be easier to handle in small groups as we may still be under the guidelines of small groups of 10 or fewer. We can still camp as a larger troop but must break up into smaller groups and each one have their own campsite.
Help Pick up 1 Million Pieces of Trash!
A venture Scout in California is trying to drive a world-wide effort to pick up 1 Million pieces of trash. Find out how you can be a part of it by reading the article on the Scouting Magazine blog.